Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Panem et Circensis


25 cm x 25 cm, Oil, Plein Air

So much injustice and suffering in this world and so little I can do. And If I could, would it make me as happy as last night when we beat the Brazilians in the world cup? Hard to imagine. So thank you gods and leaders for giving me bread and circuses so I do not have to think too much about the things I cannot change anyway. Bring us this cup!

So viel Leid und Ungerechtigkeit in dieser Welt und so wenig was ich dagegen tun kann. Und wenn ich könnte, wäre ich so glücklich wie gestern abend als wir die Brasilianer im Halbfinale besiegt haben? Wohl kaum. Also danke ihr Götter und Führer, dass ihr mir Brot und Spiele gebt, damit ich mir nicht dauernd Gedanken mache über Dinge, die ich nicht ändern kann. Gebt uns diesen Pokal!